3rd WS of VW Teacher Training on 23 Nov 8 am PST

3rd WS of VW Teacher Training on 23 Nov 8 am PST

hajimen
Dear SLED members,

We'll have 3rd Workshop of VW Teacher Training Project;

Date & Time: 23th Nov. (Wed) at 8 am PST/ 16:00 GMT/ 25:00 JST
Location:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/181/76/55

Presenter: Yan Lauria, Abyss Observatory (Hajime Nishimura, JAMSTEC)

Guide Tour of Teacher Training Orientation Tower reflected past workshop by
Gregory Perrier, Natalie, Nussli and Kevin Oh.
After the tour, we'll discuss farther additions and re-arrangement and
involvement of interesting educators.

Using voice chat in English

Please visit in advance. Welcome comments in any time;
(Floor Guide)
Level 1: Benefits vs. Weakness and Countermeasures for each use cases
   Reflected Natalie and Kevin's papers and Greg's practical experiences.

Level 2: Demonstration and Samples of educational builds
 - Teleporters and YouTubes of Major sims from Natural Sciences to
Humanities. (Please touch each boards and see near-by chat)
 - Samples Yan, Rezago, Aley (Arcadia Ashylum), motoko, Greg, Brant and
Mary.

Level 3: Technical Tutorials
 - Please touch each boards and see near-by chat.
 - I'm thinking to divide into two area, for beginners (Teachers and
Students) and for experts (Teachers) using Greg's experiences.
 - I'm thinking to introduce Web on a HUD viewer" by Kaylee and
"lsl-markdown viewer" by MasterPoppy instead of "Notecard giver" and "IM in
Near-by Chat".

Level 4: Lesson Plan Development
 - Existing VW Lesson Plan Database seams not to update.
http://www.coedu.usf.edu/we/index.html
 - I have no good idea but I'm collecting notecards of museums which can be
used for tour guidance with LM.
   Several sims are intentionally unstructured for discover/ collaboration
learning, so it is difficult to find museum creators intention for me.
 - I rezzed Natalie & Kevin 's displays of Teacher Training Plan
 - I'm thinking to rez related part of Greg's experiences.

Level 5: Educator's Tools
 - I need free vender of avatars and cloths for teachers and students

Level 6: Educational Communities
 - I rezzed major Web pages and transporters.   I need another information
of regular meetings and lectures.

Level 7: Build and Campus Management
 - I added new floor, and rezzed examples of prims.
 - I rezzed Greg's experiences about campus specific issues.

Hajime Nishimura/ Yan Lauria

Re: 3rd WS of VW Teacher Training on 23 Nov 8 am PST

hajimen
Please mind this tower is far away from completion. I'll guide this tower to
help you to get VW Teacher training images and to be able to get helps from
you all.

Hajime/ Yan

Remind: WS of VW Teacher Training on 23 Nov 8 am PST

hajimen
Dear friends,

Remind of 3rd Workshopu of Virtual World Teacher Training

Date: 23 Nov 8 am PST/ 16:00 GMT/ 25:00 JST
Location: Teacher Training Tower, above of Teleport Hub to educational
places at The Science Circle
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/181/76/55

Tour Guide: Yan Lauria, Abyss Observatory (Hajime Nishimura, JAMSTEC)
Using voice chat in English

Snapshot: http://jogrid.net/abyss/TeacherTrainingTower_001.png

Abstract:
I, Natalie Nussli, Kevin Oh, Gregory Perrier are working on development
of orientation area for Virtual World Teacher Training under supporting
of the Science Circle.
We focus on educational use cases which has unique benefits using
Virtual World. At the same time, there are weakness for each use cases,
but there are also countermeasurs.

I'll give a guide tour of VW Teacher Training Tower. After the tour,
we'll discuss farther additions and re-arrangement and involvement of
interesting educators.
Please mind this tower is far away from completion. I'll guide this
tower to help you to get VW Teacher training images and to be able to
get helps from you all.

(Floor Guide)
  Level 1: Benefits vs. Weakness and Countermeasures for each use cases

  Level 2: Demonstration and Samples of educational builds

  Level 3: Technical Tutorials

  Level 4: Lesson Plan Development

  Level 5: Educator's Tools

  Level 6: Educational Communities

  Level 7: Build and Campus Management

Hajime Nishimura/ Yan Lauria

Transcript of WS of Teacher Training on 23 Nov and next WS

hajimen
> Dear friends,
>
> Remind of 3rd Workshopu of Virtual World Teacher Training
>
> Date: 23 Nov 8 am PST/ 16:00 GMT/ 25:00 JST
> Location: Teacher Training Tower, above of Teleport Hub to educational
> places at The Science Circle
Dear SLED members,

Thank you for your participation and useful discussion at 3rd Workshop
of Virtual World Teacher Training Project on 23 Nov!

Transcript of the workshop is here:
http://jogrid.net/abyss/3rdWS-23Nov2016ChatLog.pdf

I guided Level 1 (Benefits) and Level 2 (Demonstration) only.
Next guided tour from Level 3 (Technical tutorial) is

Date: 30 Nov (Wed) at 8 am PST/ 16:00 GMT/ 25:00 JST.
Location: VW Teacher Training Tower at The Science Circle
http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/184/76/72

Using English voice chat.  Please join us!

Hajime Nishimura, JAMSTEC
Yan Lauria, Abyss Observatory, The Modern Museum, The Education Portal

> http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/181/76/55
>
> Tour Guide: Yan Lauria, Abyss Observatory (Hajime Nishimura, JAMSTEC)
> Using voice chat in English
>
> Snapshot: http://jogrid.net/abyss/TeacherTrainingTower_001.png
>
> Abstract:
> I, Natalie Nussli, Kevin Oh, Gregory Perrier are working on development
> of orientation area for Virtual World Teacher Training under supporting
> of the Science Circle.
> We focus on educational use cases which has unique benefits using
> Virtual World. At the same time, there are weakness for each use cases,
> but there are also countermeasurs.
>
> I'll give a guide tour of VW Teacher Training Tower. After the tour,
> we'll discuss farther additions and re-arrangement and involvement of
> interesting educators.
> Please mind this tower is far away from completion. I'll guide this
> tower to help you to get VW Teacher training images and to be able to
> get helps from you all.
>
> (Floor Guide)
>   Level 1: Benefits vs. Weakness and Countermeasures for each use cases
>
>   Level 2: Demonstration and Samples of educational builds
>
>   Level 3: Technical Tutorials
>
>   Level 4: Lesson Plan Development
>
>   Level 5: Educator's Tools
>
>   Level 6: Educational Communities
>
>   Level 7: Build and Campus Management
>

> Hajime Nishimura/ Yan Lauria

Remind of WS of Teacher Training on 30 Nov at 8 am

hajimen
Remind of 4th Workshop of Virtual World Teacher Training Project
- Guided Tour of Teacher Training Tower, part 2-

Date: 30 Nov (Wed) at 8 am PST/ 16:00 GMT/ 24:00 Hong Kong & Philippines
/25:00 Japan.

Location: Teacher Training Tower at The Science Circle
http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/184/76/72

Organizers: Hajime Nishimura, Greg Perrier, Natalie Nussli and Kevin Oh
Supported by The Science Circle

I'll guide from Level 3 (Technical tutorial) using English voice chat.
Very welcome your comment especially what we are missing for training
tower from your experiences.
Please join us!

Chat-log the tour part 1 is here:
http://jogrid.net/abyss/3rdWS-23Nov2016ChatLog.pdf

Hajime Nishimura, JAMSTEC
Yan Lauria, Abyss Observatory, The Modern Museum, The Education Portal

Guided tour of Teacher Training Tower

hajimen
Dear SLED members,

Chat-log of Guided Tour of VW Teacher Training Tower on 30 Nov (Part 2);
http://jogrid.net/abyss/4thWS-30Nov2016ChatLog.pdf
23 Nov. (Part 1)
http://jogrid.net/abyss/3rdWS-23Nov2016ChatLog.pdf

Next Tour (Part 3, last tour) is
7th Dec. (Wed) at 8 am PDT/ 16:00 GMT/ 24:00 China, Philippine/ 25:00
Japan

Location: Educational Portal, The Science Circle
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/182/75/89

I'll start from Level 5: Educator's Tools. Guide by Voice chat in
English.

Hajime Nishimura, JAMSTEC
Yan Lauria,

Re: Guided tour of Teacher Training Tower

hajimen
Remind of Guided Tour of VW Teacher Training Tower- Part 3 (My last
tour)

7th Dec. (Wed) at 8 am PDT/ 16:00 GMT/ 24:00 China, Philippine/ 25:00
Japan

Location: Educational Portal, The Science Circle
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/182/75/89

I'll start from Level 5: Educator's Tools. I'll guid by Voice chat in
English.

Chat-log of past tour:
Part 1: http://jogrid.net/abyss/3rdWS-23Nov2016ChatLog.pdf
Part 2: http://jogrid.net/abyss/4thWS-30Nov2016ChatLog.pdf

Hajime Nishimura, JAMSTEC
Yan Lauria, Abyss Observatory, The Modern Museum and The Education
Portal

Re: Guided tour of Teacher Training Tower

hajimen
Dear SLED members,

Chat-log of 7 Dec Workshop of VW Teacher Training Project (Guided Tour
of Teacher Training Tower- Part 3);
http://jogrid.net/abyss/5thWS-7Dec2016ChatLog.pdf

Part 2: http://jogrid.net/abyss/4thWS-30Nov2016ChatLog.pdf
Part 1: http://jogrid.net/abyss/3rdWS-23Nov2016ChatLog.pdf

I'll reflect participants' comments to the tower and notice next
Workshop in near future.