ARVEL SIG Final Call for Proposals

Lisa Dawley
Please excuse cross postings.

Join us in April 2009 as over 16,000 educational researchers descend on
San Diego for the annual meeting of the American Research Association.
The ARVEL SIG (The Applied Research in Virtual Environments for Learning
Special Interest Group), http://www.arvelsig.com, invites you to submit
proposals. Our theme this year is: "Defining 'virtual worlds' from an
interdisciplinary perspective: Framing an educational research agenda."
We are taking our first year as a new SIG to create stronger operational
definitions of what we study in order to support a collective research
agenda. Conceptual papers and research studies from all paradigms are
accepted.  Our honorary chair this year is Dr. Chris Dede, Harvard
University.

The call for proposals closes on August 1, 2008. Please refer to the
AERA website for details:
http://www.aera.net/meetings/Default.aspx?menu_id=386&id=5316 .

The top 6-7 papers as rated by our membership will be offered the
opportunity to publish in an upcoming issue of the International Journal
on Games and Computer-Mediated Simulations.

You can also become involved as a reviewer or discussant. Please help us
keep up the high standard of papers that are presented through our SIG
by volunteering to review proposals through your AERA membership portal.

Thank you , and we look forward to seeing you in San Diego next spring!

Lisa Dawley
ARVEL SIG Program Chair

Lisa Dawley, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair