Archeology spaces in Second Life

Helen Farley-2
Hi everyone,

I know I've heard much discussion on this list about archeology builds in SL but can't remember where they are. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Helen

Re: Archeology spaces in Second Life

hajimen
Hi Helen,

I also want to know. I know only following places.

Okapi Island (Catalhoyuk, Turkey)

Hyperboria Museum

Museum of Natural History, University of Florence, Italy, SL branch

Kichimaru Muse (Egypt - middle and near East)
Sorry I don't show you slurl now, but you can tp there from portal area to Earth Science related places of The Abyss Observatory

Yan Lauria (SL)
Co-curator of the Abyss Observatory

I know I've heard much discussion on this list about archeology builds in SL but can't remember where they are. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Helen

Re: Archeology spaces in Second Life

Mary-Carol

Greetings,

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but my daughter participates in Roma, and mentioned that Stanford University in conjunction with Durham University is exploring the archaeology of Binchester and its Roman period both there and in the physical world. See: http://humanexperience.stanford.edu/binchester.

Best regards,

Korrigan Keynes/Mary-Carol Lindbloom

I know I've heard much discussion on this list about archeology builds in SL but can't remember where they are. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Helen

Re: Archeology spaces in Second Life

hajimen
Hi Helen

slurl of "Kichimaru Muse" (Egypt - mediterranean) is shown bellow.

And SIM (Maskio) of "Museum of Natural History, University of Florence, Italy, SL branch"
is offline since 1 Feb 2010.

Hi Mary-Carol, thank you for your information about Binchester.

Yan Lauria

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but my daughter participates in Roma, and mentioned that Stanford University in conjunction with Durham University is exploring the archaeology of Binchester and its Roman period both there and in the physical world. See: http://humanexperience.stanford.edu/binchester.

Best regards,

Korrigan Keynes/Mary-Carol Lindbloom

I know I've heard much discussion on this list about archeology builds in SL but can't remember where they are. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Helen

Re: Archeology spaces in Second Life

Anne Ogborn-3
I have an archeological dig. I'm looking for an academic partner to develop it into something.

Anyone interested, feel free to contact me in world as Annie Obscure

Re: Archeology spaces in Second Life

Miller, Peter
No Slurls, I'm afraid, but some indication from a recent meeting of archaeological and related activities in SL and other virtual worlds:

Again non-SL but worth being aware of:

The University of York's Archaeology  Data Service also has a small build on their island.

Best wishes

Peter