Assembled 2019 has arrived! 6 New Studies from the JVWR. Check them out!

Assembled 2019 has arrived! 6 New Studies from the JVWR. Check them out!

The Journal for Virtual Worlds Research

Assembled 2019 issue presents six striking studies that spread over a plethora of subjects, all aimed to expand the Virtual World knowledge bank.
As the New Year approaches, we at JVWR are excited to share the latest edition of the annual JVWR Assembled series – a place for various papers collected over the course of 2019. From player-avatar relations among US and Chinese gamers to augmented reality educational application design, this year's issue spans topics across virtual worlds research. We hope you enjoy!

As we conclude a year filled with new research and exploration, we would also like to take this opportunity to thank both long-time friends and new for joining us on the JVWR journey and wish everybody a
happy and healthy holiday season.

With high hopes for a discovery-filled 2020,

Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan
Editor-In-Chief

The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
www.jvwr.net

The JVWR
Volume 12, Number 3 (2019)

Assembled 2019

Issue editors:

Angie Cox, Trident University International, Cypress, CA, USA, (Prime)

Felipe Becker Nunes, Antonio Meneghetti College, Santa Maria, RS – Brazil

Miao Feng, NORC at the University of Chicago, USA

Jason Coley, Maria College, Albany, New York, USA

The Assembled 2019 issue, presents six striking studies that spread over a plethora of subjects, all aimed to expand the Virtual World knowledge bank for the benefit of practitioners and academics alike. These studies broaden the understanding of a Virtual World user’s experience associated with presence and immersion, governance within the worlds, learning success mechanisms, as well as users’ interactions and relationships. Each of these topics provides traction in obtaining the highest advances in the application of Virtual Worlds within society.

Issue Editors' Corner

Editorial Assembled 2019

Angie Marie Cox, Felipe Becker Nunes, Miao Feng, Jason Coley

Peer-Reviewed Research Papers

User Characteristics, Trait vs. State Immersion, and Presence in a First-Person Virtual World

Lynna J. Ausburn, Jon Martens, Charles E. Baukal, Jr., Ina Agnew, Robert Dionne, Floyd B. Ausburn

Augmented Reality Plant & Animal Cells: Design and Evaluation of an Educational Augmented Reality Application

Malek El Kouzi, Omar Bani-Taha, Victoria McArthur

Extending the self: Player-avatar relations and presence among U.S. and Chinese gamers

Zhenyang Luo, David Westerman, Jaime Banks

GaeltechVR: Measuring the Impact of an Immersive Virtual Environment to Promote Situated Identity in Irish Language Learning

Naoise Collins, Brian Vaughan, Charlie Cullen, Keith Gardner

Fast Cars and Fast Learning: Using Virtual Reality to Learn Literacy and Numeracy in Prison

Jimmy McLauchlan, Helen Farley

The Proto-Governance of Minecraft Servers

Louis Rolfes, Kathrin Passig

More from the JVWR: The Dark Side

The upcoming issue is on the Dark Side of virtual worlds.

There is still availability for co-editors. If you have an interest and background in this area you are invited to [hidden email].

The review phase has started for publication in Q1 2020.

More from the JVWR: Tourism & Hotels

We are also looking for prime editor and co-editors (you can join as a group) to lead an issue on Tourism & Hotels due for publication in 2020.

You will need to develop a detailed call, review and decide on abstracts and full papers, coordinate with reviewers, and more.

Details about becoming JVWR editors can be found on our website for issue editors page.

If you have an interest and background in this area please send your CV and supporting documents to [hidden email].

Assembled 2020 is open for submissions
(our General Call)!

An Assembled issue is a place for various papers, on the topic of the journal, collected during the preceding year. You are invited to upload your research paper at any time to our system (register here), and it will be considered as a candidate for publication in 2020.

More things you can do:

  • Visit The JVWR home page to see how to suggest a topic and become an issue editor.
  • Subscribe to our mailing list (top left of #TheJVWR home page to receive news and updates (no spam guaranteed.)
  • Connect with us on twitter @TheJVWR and on our facebook page (TheJVWR).
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Copyright © 2019 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.