Quantcast

Creating Terrain Surrounds for OpenSimulator/SL in Blender

Creating Terrain Surrounds for OpenSimulator/SL in Blender

Aaron Griffiths

Supporting a suspense of disbelief through the use of external landscapes in virtual reconstructions; a development walkthrough in the use of Blender for creating off-sim mesh terrain surrounds for OpenSimulator/SL environments.

https://fxualeducation.wordpress.com/2016/09/01/virtual-avebury02/

Enjoy!

Aaron/Isa

Aaron Griffiths || Director || F/Xual Education Services
Email:
debnaar@... || Mobile: 021 1172585 || Skype: aaron.m.griffiths

    - Development of Virtual World Spaces for Education -

Curricula Design || Immersive Environments || Game Play Design
         Simulations & Role Play || AI & Non-Player Characters

F/Xual Education Services Blog - http://fxualeducation.wordpress.com
Lecturer: NMIT IT Dept – 3D Immersive Environments

Re: Creating Terrain Surrounds for OpenSimulator/SL in Blender

James Abraham
Hi Aaron,

I just wanted to thank you for your excellent article on off-sim terrains.  Thank you for letting the world know about your creative ideas.  I'm attaching a picture of some islands I added offshore of my sim Escape.

I look forward to reading more about your inspiring ideas.  Take care!

JTA
SL: Calisto Encinal
OpenSim: El Profesor, Spanish Language Learning at Escape (http://jtabraham.org.escape)

--