Exploring Ancient Landscapes Through Virtual Reconstructions

Exploring Ancient Landscapes Through Virtual Reconstructions

Aaron Griffiths

FYI

The beginning of a set of posts around the virtual reconstruction of the Avebury henge that will detail some of the techniques I’ve used in supporting my colleague Professor Liz Falconer’s research; an investigation into the potential of virtual worlds to assist in understanding ancient sites. This first post looks at creating a true dimensionally sized and correctly orientated terrain in OpenSimulator using a greyscale map. https://fxualeducation.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/virtual-avebury01/ This method is just as applicable in Second Life.

Also contains links to Liz’s diary blog of the project.

Enjoy

Aaron/Isa

Aaron Griffiths || Director || F/Xual Education Services
Email:
debnaar@... || Mobile: 021 1172585 || Skype: aaron.m.griffiths

    - Development of Virtual World Spaces for Education -

Curricula Design || Immersive Environments || Game Play Design
         Simulations & Role Play || AI & Non-Player Characters

F/Xual Education Services Blog - http://fxualeducation.wordpress.com
Lecturer: NMIT IT Dept – 3D Immersive Environments