Exploring Microsoft HoloLens for Training & Learning for July 29th Nonprofit Commons Meeting

Exploring Microsoft HoloLens for Training & Learning for July 29th Nonprofit Commons Meeting

Joyce Bettencourt-2

This Friday, July 29th, TechSoup's NonProfit Commons in Second Life will feature Kyle Gomboy presenting on how smart holograms for training, education, business and entertainment will change the way we perceive our digital information. Holograms that are driven by human action, computer vision, computer learning and big data are the focus of developing for tools like Microsoft’s HoloLens.

Kyle "G" Gomboy, a former aerospace test engineer and virtual and mixed reality world developer for 15+ years, now leads a new startup "Wavelength" to explore the commercial and educational uses of devices like Microsoft's HoloLens headset. http://wavelength.space for more info.

Join us in Second Life!

Nonprofit Commons Weekly Meeting

Friday, July 29th, 8:30 AM PT / SLT

Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater

http://bit.ly/NPCinSL

AGENDA (all times below PT)

8:30 am Introductions

8:40 am TechSoup Announcements

8:50 am Mentor's Central

9:00 am Featured Presentation

9:45 am Open Mic / Announcements

The Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is a program sponsored by Caravan Studios - http://caravanstudios.org, a division of TechSoup Global, http://techsoup.org. The mission of the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is to create a community for nonprofits to explore and learn about virtual worlds, foster connections, and discover the many ways in which nonprofits might utilize the unique environment of Second Life to achieve their missions.

http://nonprofitcommons.org

--
Joyce A. Bettencourt

cell: 508.415.5210
skype | aim | ichat: JoyceBettencourt

aka Rhiannon Chatnoir inSL
www.twitter.com/RhiannonSL
www.facebook.com/JoyceBettencourt
www.linkedin.com/in/JoyceBettencourt

Creative Director of The Vesuvius Group development studio
www.thevesuviusgroup.com

Co-Founder and Vice President of 501c3 nonprofit AvaCon, Inc.,

artist, designer, blogmistress, community organizer & new media girly geek
www.joycebettencourt.com

Re: Exploring Microsoft HoloLens for Training & Learning for July 29th Nonprofit Commons Meeting

Marjorie Chan
Hi Joyce:
I logged into SL, but I could not get into the presentation.  Do I have to join the group before I can get in? Messages came out telling me the URL was not valid.
Best,
Marjorie

Sent from my iPhone