Fwd: Second Life Age banding of books/material

Fwd: Second Life Age banding of books/material

Rolig

I just received this request for help on the Alliance Virtual Library's e-mail list this afternoon, and was asked to pass it along to SLED on the chance that someone might have information to send to Nuala. If so, please respond to her directly.  There are too many intermediaries between SLED and her to do it any other way.  ;-)

Rolig

----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----
    Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:59:52 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Bill Sowers <[hidden email]>
Subject: Second Life Age banding of books/material
      To: [hidden email]

Nuala Foxchase (SL name), a UK children's librarian, asked me to post this to the group and ask you for your assistance.

She sent me this link:

http://www.notoagebanding.org/

and asked me about articles on age banding.  I said that I would ask all of you if you could supply her with more information on this.  She did supply me with a couple article URLs:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/jul/09/news.lindesayirvine

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/63514-publishers-to-consult-on-age-guidance.html

If you have more information you can supply to Nuala please contact her directly... Her email address is:

[hidden email]

Thanks

Bill/Rocky... writing for Nuala!

Bill and Diana Sowers