I have just joined this mailing list

Marjorie Chan

Dear SL Educators:

I have just joined the SL Educator mailing list.  I would like to briefly introduce myself.  I am Professor of Management at California State University at Stanislaus, and I am thinking of setting up an office on Second Life for teaching and learning purposes.

I would like to hear suggestions and advice as how this can be done.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Marjorie

Marjorie Chan, Ph.D.

Professor of Management

California State University at Stanislaus

Department of Management, Operations, and Marketing

One University Circle

Turlock, CA  95382

Tel.:  209-667-3445

Email: [hidden email]

Re: I have just joined this mailing list

katemir
Welcome to SL, Marjorie!

I'd suggest that you visit various educational sims, get to know people.  It is likely that there will be an opportunity to share resources while you get to know us better.

==============================

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Marjorie Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear SL Educators:

I have just joined the SL Educator mailing list.  I would like to briefly introduce myself.  I am Professor of Management at California State University at Stanislaus, and I am thinking of setting up an office on Second Life for teaching and learning purposes.

I would like to hear suggestions and advice as how this can be done.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Marjorie

Marjorie Chan, Ph.D.

Professor of Management

California State University at Stanislaus

Department of Management, Operations, and Marketing

One University Circle

Turlock, CA  95382

Tel.:  <a href="tel:209-667-3445" value="+12096673445" target="_blank">209-667-3445

Email: [hidden email]

Kate Miranda
Music Island/Sea Turtle Island
Live Classical Concerts in Second Life

Re: I have just joined this mailing list

Marjorie Chan

Hi Kate:

That’s a good idea to be able to share resources.  Thanks for your advice.  Have a great weekend!

Best,

[...]

Tel.:  <a href="tel:209-667-3445" target="_blank">209-667-3445

Email: [hidden email]

Re: I have just joined this mailing list

Granaas, Michael
You've gotten solid advice so far.  The only thing I would add is to consider what you mean by "office."

You can certainly create something that has the look and feel of a traditional faculty office.  I have also seen offices that consisted of wicker chairs in a jungle clearing or assorted seats around a campfire.   Another popular choice is the round table that always maintains one empty seat.

You have a lot of flexibility in the design of the space you choose.  Which is another good reason to visit multiple sims to see what folks have done.

Michael

Michael Granaas                                           [hidden email]

Department of Psychology                           SL: VRprofessor Resident

University of South Dakota

414 E. Clark St                                             Phone: 605 677 5295

Vermillion, SD  57069                                 FAX: 605 677 3195

My Personal Pet Project: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kaseyo/226/38/77

Free classrooms for educators exploring Second Life

Music Island/Sea Turtle Island
Live Classical Concerts in Second Life

Re: I have just joined this mailing list

Marjorie Chan

Hi Kate:

I visited your site on SL, but I could not find your steampunk skybox there.

Best,

Marjorie