ISTE Speaker Series Session - Metanomics: bridging the virtual worlds of business and K-20 education - Tuesday, 7/22 @ 6pm SLT

RavenPhoenix

Sorry for the late notice on this to all…my power went out due to storm just as I hit send, and I just realized it hadn’t gone through!

This week's Speaker Series event is extra special because it marks the beginning of an important virtual alliance between ISTE and Metanomics. Metanomics got started in 2007 as "a low-key Cornell University Johnson School MBA course on business and regulation in Second Life," but has quickly become one of the most influential groups of its kind, regularly attracting high-profile panelists interested in discussing developments in virtual worlds (not just Second Life).

Robert Bloomfield (SL: Beyers Sellers) is Metanomics' host for their weekly broadcast (Noon SLT/PDT) focusing on current trends and developments impacting virtual worlds. Their archived events listing powerfully illustrates the depth and breadth of their weekly productions. ISTE is proud to be partnering with Metanomics to bring our audiences together in the hopes of facilitating dialogue, networking, information sharing, and innovation in Second Life. Beyers will be joined by our very own Chris Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque, a correspondent for Metanomics) in a lively, open discussion surrounding the question, "how can Metanomics, and the Metanomics archives, inform K-20 educators, librarians and instructional technologists who would like to use information about business and policy in virtual worlds?"

Please join us tonight, Tuesday, July 22nd, at 6:00 pm SLT/PDT (click here to calculate your local time) at the NEW ISTE Island Four-Sim Auditorium: http://slurl.com/secondlife/ISTE%20Island/30/32/25.

This will be a voice presentation. Please be sure you have a working voice setup prior to the event!

See you there!

The glory of great men should always be measured by the means they have used to acquire it.
  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Skype: ravenphoenix.zenovka
SL: RavenPhoenix Zenovka
E-mail: [hidden email]