$$ Invitation to Participate in Research Study $$

$$ Invitation to Participate in Research Study $$

Massey, Anne P.

$$ Invitation to Participate in Research Study $$

We are seeking 100 participants for a study conducted by Indiana University researchers. We are examining the experiences of individuals collaborating in Second Life (SL). If you participated in an earlier version of this study, unfortunately, you are not eligible to participate again.

Participation will involve 2 online surveys and a SL in-world team exercise. To participate, you must have the appropriate equipment (e.g., headset) to use SL Voice Chat. The exercise will be run using SL Voice Chat, not SL Text Chat. The 1st survey takes about 10 minutes, the exercise about 30 minutes, and the post-exercise (2nd) survey about 15 minutes.

For participating you will receive US$20. For every 25 teams, prize money will also be awarded to the 2 best performing teams with each member receiving US$100. You may elect to receive payment in Linden dollars (L$) - US$20 is currently worth about L$5200.

If you are interested, please go to the following URL to express your interest by July 30th:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=_2bPgo4LmWTAgF0Oto7yL5Tw_3d_3d. We will contact you no later than August 1st with further instructions.

Thank you for considering this invitation.

Anne P. Massey

Dean's Research Professor & Professor of Information Systems

Kelley School of Business, Indiana University

1309 E. 10th St BU560

Tel: 812.855.3483