[JVWR] Call for Editors

Tzafnat Shpak

 JVWR Call for Editors
View this email in your browser

Call for Editors

July 9, 2018

The JVWR (Journal of Virtual Worlds Research) is looking for a Prime Editor and optional 1-3 co-editors (you can join as a group) to lead a special issue due for publication 2018Q4.

Issue editors take full charge of one issue. They craft the call (CfP = Call for Papers), share it, solicit the papers, manage the review process, supervise the final publications, and distribute the news about the release – all using our internal state of the art publishing process.

If you have an interest and background in a specific Virtual World sub-field, as well as experience in academic editing, please send us your suggestion for a topical issue.

You will:

  • Develop a detailed call.
  • Review and decide on abstracts and full papers.
  • Coordinate with reviewers.
  • Use our publication system -- extensively (be also versed with Google docs, Skype, Zoom, and other current tools.)
  • Be a deadline-targeted & taking-charge person.
  • Work as a single editor or add one or more co-editors.
  • Able to write a short intro including your view/vision/insight on the field.
  • Get the academic credit as an editor.

Read more about becoming JVWR editors on our website for issue editors page.

Motivation and Scope

The JVWR seeks to develop a special issue dedicated to an exploration of one topic as an umbrella concept of research with relations to virtual worlds.

Suggested topics may include but are not limited to the following concepts:

  • Mind
  • Autism
  • New ways of teaching
  • Psychology
  • 3D Printing
  • Simulations
  • Money
  • Hardware
  • VR/AR
  • AI
  • and more…
Please reply by the end of July 2018 to [hidden email], with an academic CV and a cover letter, listing your target subject and publishing and editing experience.

If you have colleagues who may be interested in becoming editors or co-editors, please feel free to forward this call further.

Further Information

The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (#TheJVWR) (http://www.jvwresearch.org/) is an online, open access academic journal that engages a wide spectrum of scholarship. We welcome contributions from the many disciplines and approaches that intersect with virtual worlds research.

Subscribe to receive announcements about new calls and issues.

For additional information about the journal, please contact: [hidden email]

JVWR Call for Editors
Photo by Inzmam Khan from Pexels
Copyright© 2018 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.