Re: Change this LIST?

Cynthia Duprey
Another lurker weighing in.

I've used forums in the past with great success...much more than I've had on this list. Yes, I set up a gmail account early on...as soon as I realized my regular school email was being lost in the midst of the discussions here (not that I wouldn't mind losing some of that school email....). While the gmail does do some of the sorting for me, I have to say, I do miss the forum-style scanning I've done with other groups.

What I'm finding under the current set up is that I spend several minutes first deleting all the messages that don't pertain to me, then spend time opening and scanning everything else. I save the ones I want to "get back to" (and rarely manage time for that) and follow the links and/or discussion in very few. Because of my teaching schedule, I rarely get to look at the list more often than once a day. Being able to deal with only a few threads of a messageboard would definitely save me time.

Thanks for the nabble link...I will try that and see if it helps....

C. Duprey

Re: Change this LIST?

Reine Aeon
I agreed with keeping the list as is. Gmail has definitely helped in managing all the emails from this very active group. But what I have also found very useful is the Digsby tool someone from this list mentioned. (Sorry I forgot who you are, but my deepest gratitude :-) ). Digsby allows you to get notifications of new emails and to manage them right there without logging into your email account through the browser. When I get a Linden email stating the Land Store is down, I'm able to delete it right away. And if I miss a notification, I can quickly scan and delete (or read) the email. All done within the tool. Although the main function of the tool is an IM aggregator, being able to stay on top of my email is a much appreciated benefit. I highly recommend it. www.digsby.com

--
Reine
If you're not having fun, then it's not worth doing.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Cynthia Duprey <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the digsby heads up. Have downloaded it now and giving it a try. Kinda cool to have ALL my email accounts in one place...but may get overwhelming. We'll see :).

Which begs the question...what other little tools like this are out there I don't know about? Any recommendations?