Reintroduction

Mary Ellen Gordon-2

Hello SL Educators,

I was on this list a long time ago when my company, Market Truths was running a research panel in SL that sometimes provided subjects and other support for academic research in SL.

Now I’m back in academia myself (after a long time away from that too), and am attempting to use SL for my own academic research project.

The basic idea is to use SL for data visualization by using avatars to represent data points.

I would be happy to share more with anyone who is interested.

I’m also looking for (paid) help with a couple of aspects of this project, so if anyone has contacts with good skills in the following areas, please send them my way:

  1. Content creation of birds, plants, and trees in particular.
  2. Bots / scripted agents. (Ideally with experience controlling a relatively large number of them simultaneously).

I look forward to getting re-acquainted with those of you I already know and meeting those I don’t.

Mary Ellen Gordon (Pebbles Hannya in SL)

http://www.victoria.ac.nz/sim/about/staff/maryellen-gordon

Re: Reintroduction

Aaron Griffiths

Hi Mary

Good to see one return to the fold *smiles

Always interested to see what is happening in virtual world education, particularly where New Zealand institutions are concerned, so keen to hear more about your research. My blog, F/Xual Education Services, will fill you in on the areas I have been involved with over my many years in both SL and OpenSimulator. I may be able to help you on the creation aspects if you can give me a little more detail. I am skilled in both scripting and modelling.

Feel free to reply to my email address below.

Regards

Aaron/Isa Goodman in SL

Aaron Griffiths || Director || F/Xual Education Services
Email:
debnaar@... || Mobile: 021 1172585 || Skype: aaron.m.griffiths

- Educational Design & Development in Virtual and Online Spaces -

     Instructional Design || Immersive Environments || Game Play Design
                     Simulations & Role Play || Curricula Design

F/Xual Education Services Blog - http://fxualeducation.wordpress.com