SL for education

Pam Wicks
Hello Everyone,

I'm doing research in SL for my dissertation. Does anyone know of a
study currently being done on using SL as a supplemental educational
tool? I am working on acquiring access to the Teen Grid, so any work
being done there would be the most beneficial.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Pam (Anne McKay in SL)

Re: SL for education

Rodrigo Pérez Coto
Hello Pam:

I'm on the Teen Grid and i'm the creator of a virtual school in Chile.
All our students (13 to 17) are there. Please let me know what can I do
for you.

Rodrigo Pérez Coto

Pam Wicks escribió:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm doing research in SL for my dissertation. Does anyone know of a
> study currently being done on using SL as a supplemental educational
> tool? I am working on acquiring access to the Teen Grid, so any work
> being done there would be the most beneficial.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me!
> Pam (Anne McKay in SL)

RE: SL for education

mustafa tezel
Hello Rodrigo:

I am also doing a similar dissertation.
Where could I find articles about current research about Education via Second Life?
Thanks,
Mustafa

> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:43:27 -0400
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [SLED] SL for education
>
> Hello Pam:
>
> I'm on the Teen Grid and i'm the creator of a virtual school in Chile.
> All our students (13 to 17) are there. Please let me know what can I do
> for you.
>
> Rodrigo Pérez Coto
>
> Pam Wicks escribió:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I'm doing research in SL for my dissertation. Does anyone know of a
> > study currently being done on using SL as a supplemental educational
> > tool? I am working on acquiring access to the Teen Grid, so any work
> > being done there would be the most beneficial.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give me!
> > Pam (Anne McKay in SL)

Windows Live Mail'i ilk deneyenlerden olun. Windows Live Mail.

Re: SL for education

Pam Wicks
Thank you! I am in the process of creating my study, so as soon as I
get clearance I would love to see your school. I'll be in touch.
Pam

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Rodrigo Pérez Coto
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Pam:
>
> I'm on the Teen Grid and i'm the creator of a virtual school in Chile. All
> our students (13 to 17) are there. Please let me know what can I do for you.
>
> Rodrigo Pérez Coto
>
> Pam Wicks escribió:
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I'm doing research in SL for my dissertation. Does anyone know of a
>> study currently being done on using SL as a supplemental educational
>> tool? I am working on acquiring access to the Teen Grid, so any work
>> being done there would be the most beneficial.
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can give me!
>> Pam (Anne McKay in SL)

Re: SLENZ blog launched

John Waugh
The New Zealand virtual world education group, Second Life Education New
Zealand (SLENZ), is to invite groups of New Zealand educators to join
its research project in the on-line virtual world of Second Life in
September.Read about the move in the SLENZ  update blog which can be
accessed at  http://slenz.wordpress.com/
Cheers John Waugh