SLurls or suggestions for getting freebies for students?

1234

SLurls or suggestions for getting freebies for students?

Kristin Scott
Hi folks - I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for
where students can get good free skins, shapes, hair, clothes, etc.
I'm going to have them change their sex/race at one point in the
semester and want them to spend more time on experiential learning and
less on hunting down the look. :) I know there are a ton of places out
there, which is often the problem (so time consuming). I thought I'd
check with you all first.

thanks!

--
Kristin Scott
Instructor, New Century College

[hidden email]
http://www.kristinscott.net

Re: SLurls or suggestions for getting freebies for students?

Sarah Robbins
Yadni's Junkyard (if it's still around, I haven't checked in a bit) was always a sure fire hit for my students.
Sarah/Intellagirl

Re: SLurls or suggestions for getting freebies for students?

Kristin Scott
Thanks Sarah!

--
Kristin Scott
Instructor, New Century College
& Department of English
PhD student, Cultural Studies
George Mason University
Fairfax, VA 22030

[hidden email]
http://www.kristinscott.net

Re: SLurls or suggestions for getting freebies for students?

Zazu Booker
Perhaps you would like to pull something together yourself....  I have a ton of freebies, which are free to copy, that I give individually to students.  I am happy to copy them over to you - and I imagine between us all you would have a plethora of supplies.

Cyd Skinner
SL: Zazu Booker

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 5:41 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks - I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for
where students can get good free skins, shapes, hair, clothes, etc.
I'm going to have them change their sex/race at one point in the
semester and want them to spend more time on experiential learning and
less on hunting down the look. :) I know there are a ton of places out
there, which is often the problem (so time consuming). I thought I'd
check with you all first.

thanks!

--
Kristin Scott
Instructor, New Century College
& Department of English
PhD student, Cultural Studies
George Mason University
Fairfax, VA 22030

[hidden email]
http://www.kristinscott.net

Re: SLurls or suggestions for getting freebies for students?

yamis.jewell
I have assembled a Newbie toolkit if you are interested. It is a box that contains several other labeled boxes with categories of free goodies in each box. Advantage: everything is in one spot. Disadvantage: you have to show them how to unpack boxes first.
IM me inworld if you would like a copy (SL: Sarah Marcus)
Amy

Re: SLurls or suggestions for getting freebies for students?

Kevin Feenan
Rockcliffe has a ton of freebies in the library. Our librarian has been collecting a pile of new items for the library including tutorials and other items the students probably won't find accessible elsewhere.

NCI is also a very good place for getting freebies as they have been working on thier freebie distributions for some time.

scavenger hunt script for language teachers?

Antonella Berriolo
With a collegue we are organising a scavenger hunt for carnival. We looked for a scripts to put in the boxes, that gives a little prize if the answer is correct. We found one, but it's not exactly what we are looking for: it ask the question only once and after that, it simply gives out the prize. (that is, it does not reset). But our aim is not to give prizes, is to ask questions and to have the correct answer. The prize is only an excuse, another way to say "well done! bravo!" and we want that all the participants will be able to have  a try, not only the first one that finds the box.
Does anybody have a script (or knows where to find/buy it) that give content with a password and then reset itself?

Thank you very much for your help.

anna begonia/antonella berriolo

the script I have is this

//gives content if correct password

//Douglas Danforth
// Inventory Giver Script
//
// Add the items to the object and set the description to the name of the folder the touching person
// should receive.  The script will automatically load in ALL items in the object with the exception of
// this giver script.
//
// Written by Leem Hua and modified by DrDoug Pennell

string titleText = "Touch for Goodies";
vector titleColor = <1,1,1>;

list invList;

updateInventory()
{
     invList = [ ];
     integer count;

     string myName = llGetScriptName();
     integer inventoryCount = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL);

     for (count=0; count<inventoryCount; count++) {
         string file = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ALL, count);
         if (file!=myName) {
             invList += [ file ];
         }
     }
}

default
{
     on_rez(integer param)
     {
         llResetScript();
     }

     state_entry()
     {
         llSetText(titleText, titleColor, 1.0);
         updateInventory();
     }
     changed(integer change)
     {
         if (change & CHANGED_INVENTORY)
         {
             updateInventory();
         }
     }
     touch_start(integer total_number)
         {
         llSay (0, "What is the secret password?");
         llListen(0,"","","");
          }
     listen(integer a, string n, key id, string listenmessage)
     {
         if (listenmessage == "abracadabra")
         {
         state good;
         }
         else
         {
             llSay(0,"Sorry, that is not the correct password!");
             llResetScript();
         }
     }
}
state good
  {
     state_entry()
     {
         llSay(0,"Correct! Touch again to receive your prize");
     }
     touch_start(integer total_number)
     {
         string destName = llGetObjectDesc();
         if (destName=="")
         {
             destName = llGetObjectName();
         }
         llGiveInventoryList(llDetectedKey(0), destName, invList);
     }
}

Re: scavenger hunt script for language teachers?

Robin Sheridan
Look up Alice Klinger in world, She does great work and is more than happy to custom tweak her tools. I can show you the one she created for me.

Robin Sheridan

Second Life Avatar Name: Sloan Skjellerup

LTS Enterprises, LLC
(763) 389-7292 Home Office/Fax
(763) 477-8480 Cell

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Antonella Berriolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

K4sons
I would also love to have this. If you find it, pass it on! My VSTE team will be opening a new sim in February with a scavenger hunt.

Kim Harrison (RL) Thunder Insippo (SL)

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Antonella Berriolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

of course if I find it copy/transfer I will be very happy to share it with the whole community.
:o))

RE: scavenger hunt script for language teachers?

Marrapodi, Elisabeth

Does anyone know where to get those trivia game scripts that appear on the screen where if someone types the right answer in public chat the script acknowledges the right answer and then moves on to next question? I’ve seen it before (in green text) at places but never could find where to buy it. I’d prefer to put the questions in myself as that would be better but if not, will do with what I can get. I got handed ownership (yes, do you believe this!) of a new SL dance club. Grand opening is coming Sunday with live music. I thought this game might be fun for the grand opening event. Any other ideas for games, prizes, treasure hunts etc please please forward them to me! I’m relatively new at this and starting to panic. PS any volunteers who want to help? No pay but it could be lots of fun lol

[...]

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

"Privileged and Confidential: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message"

Re: scavenger hunt script for language teachers?

David Simmons-2
The script you have is fine. Here is the modified 'state good' to that
gives to everyone with the right answer. Just replace the old state
good in your script with this one.

 state good
   {
      state_entry()
      {
          llSay(0,"Correct! Here is your prize");
          string destName = llGetObjectDesc();
          if (destName=="")
          {
              destName = llGetObjectName();
          }
          llGiveInventoryList(llDetectedKey(0), destName, invList);
          state default;
      }

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Antonella Berriolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>              llSay(0,"Sorry, that is not the correct password!");
>              llResetScript();
>          }
>      }
> }
> state good
>   {
>      state_entry()
>      {
>          llSay(0,"Correct! Touch again to receive your prize");
>      }
>      touch_start(integer total_number)
>      {
>          string destName = llGetObjectDesc();
>          if (destName=="")
>          {
>              destName = llGetObjectName();
>          }
>          llGiveInventoryList(llDetectedKey(0), destName, invList);
>      }
> }

Re: scavenger hunt script for language teachers?

Thank you so much Destiny.
I will assemble the script tonight and start perparing everything tonight.

Thanks again
anna

> [...]
>>              llSay(0,"Sorry, that is not the correct password!");
>>              llResetScript();
>>          }
>>      }
>> }
>> state good
>>   {
>>      state_entry()
>>      {
>>          llSay(0,"Correct! Touch again to receive your prize");
>>      }
>>      touch_start(integer total_number)
>>      {
>>          string destName = llGetObjectDesc();
>>          if (destName=="")
>>          {
>>              destName = llGetObjectName();
>>          }
>>          llGiveInventoryList(llDetectedKey(0), destName, invList);
>>      }
>> }

Re: scavenger hunt script for language teachers?

What's your SL name? I can pass you a copy.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Marrapodi, Elisabeth
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get those trivia game scripts that appear on the
> screen where if someone types the right answer in public chat the script
> acknowledges the right answer and then moves on to next question? I've seen
> it before (in green text) at places but never could find where to buy it.
> I'd prefer to put the questions in myself as that would be better but if
> not, will do with what I can get. I got handed ownership (yes, do you
> believe this!) of a new SL dance club. Grand opening is coming Sunday with
> live music. I thought this game might be fun for the grand opening event.
> Any other ideas for games, prizes, treasure hunts etc please please forward
> them to me! I'm relatively new at this and starting to panic. PS any
> volunteers who want to help? No pay but it could be lots of fun lol
>

> ________________________________

Biancaluce Robbiani
I'd like to have it too, in order to setup a medicine cpr trivia.. ludic
training :)
tks
Biancaluce Robbiani in SL
.
> What's your SL name? I can pass you a copy.
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Marrapodi, Elisabeth
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anyone know where to get those trivia game scripts that appear on
>> the
>> screen where if someone types the right answer in public chat the script
>> acknowledges the right answer and then moves on to next question? I've
>> seen
>> it before (in green text) at places but never could find where to buy it.
>> I'd prefer to put the questions in myself as that would be better but if
>> not, will do with what I can get. I got handed ownership (yes, do you
>> believe this!) of a new SL dance club. Grand opening is coming Sunday
>> with
>> live music. I thought this game might be fun for the grand opening event.
>> Any other ideas for games, prizes, treasure hunts etc please please
>> forward
>> them to me! I'm relatively new at this and starting to panic. PS any
>> volunteers who want to help? No pay but it could be lots of fun lol
>>

>> ________________________________

carmendellaria@libero.it
My name in Sl is Misy Ferraris and anna Begonia is working with me in this
scavenger hunt. She wrote the message here to find what's not working.
Please, send the script to me or anna.
Thx
Misy
> I'd like to have it too, in order to setup a medicine cpr trivia.. ludic
> training :)
> tks
> Biancaluce Robbiani in SL
> .

SL: Brielle Coronet...thanks

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone know where to get those trivia game scripts that appear on
the
> screen where if someone types the right answer in public chat the
script
> acknowledges the right answer and then moves on to next question? I've
seen
> it before (in green text) at places but never could find where to buy
it.
> I'd prefer to put the questions in myself as that would be better but
if
> not, will do with what I can get. I got handed ownership (yes, do you
> believe this!) of a new SL dance club. Grand opening is coming Sunday
with
> live music. I thought this game might be fun for the grand opening
event.
> Any other ideas for games, prizes, treasure hunts etc please please
forward

> them to me! I'm relatively new at this and starting to panic. PS any
> volunteers who want to help? No pay but it could be lots of fun lol
>

> ________________________________

Important news about Trinitas Hospital email communications:

On November 15, Trinitas Hospital implemented a secure email policy. If an email is encrypted, you will receive a Zixmail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients will be asked to create a password before given access to the message center.

To learn more about the Trinitas secure email policy please visit

http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/sites/index.php?b=31&type=1 or send an email to [hidden email]</FONT></h2>

"Privileged and Confidential: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message"

Re: scavenger hunt script for language teachers?

yamis.jewell
Sarah Marcus

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get those trivia game scripts that appear on the
> screen where if someone types the right answer in public chat the script
> acknowledges the right answer and then moves on to next question? I've seen
> it before (in green text) at places but never could find where to buy it.
> I'd prefer to put the questions in myself as that would be better but if
> not, will do with what I can get. I got handed ownership (yes, do you
> believe this!) of a new SL dance club. Grand opening is coming Sunday with
> live music. I thought this game might be fun for the grand opening event.
> Any other ideas for games, prizes, treasure hunts etc please please forward
> them to me! I'm relatively new at this and starting to panic. PS any
> volunteers who want to help? No pay but it could be lots of fun lol
>

> ________________________________

Ty so much ... I really appreciate it :)

Biancaluce

> What's your SL name? I can pass you a copy.
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Marrapodi, Elisabeth
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anyone know where to get those trivia game scripts that appear on
>> the
>> screen where if someone types the right answer in public chat the script
>> acknowledges the right answer and then moves on to next question? I've
>> seen
>> it before (in green text) at places but never could find where to buy it.
>> I'd prefer to put the questions in myself as that would be better but if
>> not, will do with what I can get. I got handed ownership (yes, do you
>> believe this!) of a new SL dance club. Grand opening is coming Sunday
>> with
>> live music. I thought this game might be fun for the grand opening event.
>> Any other ideas for games, prizes, treasure hunts etc please please
>> forward
>> them to me! I'm relatively new at this and starting to panic. PS any
>> volunteers who want to help? No pay but it could be lots of fun lol
>>

>> ________________________________

Thx so much!
> What's your SL name? I can pass you a copy.
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Marrapodi, Elisabeth
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anyone know where to get those trivia game scripts that appear on
>> the
>> screen where if someone types the right answer in public chat the script
>> acknowledges the right answer and then moves on to next question? I've
>> seen
>> it before (in green text) at places but never could find where to buy it.
>> I'd prefer to put the questions in myself as that would be better but if
>> not, will do with what I can get. I got handed ownership (yes, do you
>> believe this!) of a new SL dance club. Grand opening is coming Sunday
>> with
>> live music. I thought this game might be fun for the grand opening event.
>> Any other ideas for games, prizes, treasure hunts etc please please
>> forward
>> them to me! I'm relatively new at this and starting to panic. PS any
>> volunteers who want to help? No pay but it could be lots of fun lol

1234