Science Circle hosted Talk in SL on Virtual Reality-based field trips

Science Circle hosted Talk in SL on Virtual Reality-based field trips

Shailey Minocha

Request for participation (presentation, in voice; hosted by Science Circle)

The role of Virtual Reality-based virtual field trips in supporting physical fieldwork

Taking the example of Virtual Reality-based Google Expeditions, we will discuss how virtual field trips can prepare students for physical fieldwork and enhance the fieldwork experience during and after a physical field trip. We will present the results from our empirical investigations with Geography and Science students, educators, fieldworkers and curriculum leaders.

The details of this VR project are summarised in this recent blog-post: bit.ly/2bDh6y2

Date and Time: Saturday, September 3, 10 AM PDT

Venue: Science Circle,

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/103/210/25

Host: Nymf Hathway (SL), Founder of the Science Circle

Thanks and regards,

Shailey

Shailey Garfield (SL)

Re: Science Circle hosted Talk in SL on Virtual Reality-based field trips

Shailey Minocha

Hello:

A summary of the discussions that took place during this event (detailed included below) is in this blog-post: http://www.shaileyminocha.info/blog/2016/9/4/the-role-of-virtual-reality-based-virtual-field-trips-in-supporting-physical-fieldwork or http://bit.ly/2ciwXUZ

Thanks and regards,

Shailey

Shailey Garfield

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Shailey Minocha <[hidden email]> wrote:

Request for participation (presentation, in voice; hosted by Science Circle)

The role of Virtual Reality-based virtual field trips in supporting physical fieldwork

Taking the example of Virtual Reality-based Google Expeditions, we will discuss how virtual field trips can prepare students for physical fieldwork and enhance the fieldwork experience during and after a physical field trip. We will present the results from our empirical investigations with Geography and Science students, educators, fieldworkers and curriculum leaders.

The details of this VR project are summarised in this recent blog-post: bit.ly/2bDh6y2

Date and Time: Saturday, September 3, 10 AM PDT