Sports in Second Life

Shamblesguru
I've been doing some research recently into Sports in Second Life and have
built a display with links to relevant places in SL ... any suggestions for
sports missed (I'm sure there are some) ..... or venues/leagues (see the
notecards that are given out from each sport display) ....
 ... if you are an avid player of any of these sports in SL and would be
willing to write a paragraph about the sport then that would be brilliant.

The display is located on the 7th floor of the Curriculum Tower on
International Schools Island
http://slurl.com/secondlife/International%20Schools/71/18/83

Sports covered so far (in no particular order)

Horse Riding,
S.L. SIM Boarding,
Giant Snail Racing,
Golf,
Surfing (Water),
Motor Sport,
Sailing,
Air Hockey,
Ice Hockey,
Sky Diving,
Mountain Biking,
Geocaching,
Paintball,
Tagball,
Boxing,
Archery,
Swimming,
Basketball,
Baseball,
Darts,
Pool,
Bull Riding,
Horse Barrel Racing,
Water Tube Riding,
Snow Skiing,
Flying,
Ten Pin Bowling,
Fishing,
Scuba Diving,

.......................  now what is missing?

Have fun

Chris
Second Life: Shamblesguru Voom
Twitter: shamblesguru   Skype: cthsmith
ePortfolio www.shambles.net/csmith
w-shops www.shambles.net/csmith/workshops
Chris Smith  :  email: [hidden email]
Based in Thailand, working across S.E.Asia
The Education Project Asia www.shambles.net
Support for ICT across the Curriculum (consultancy)
'It's out there somewhere, the trick is finding it'
Regards

Chris Smith  :  email: csmith@csmith.info
Personal Learning Network: www.shambles.net/csmith/pln
Based in Thailand, working across S.E.Asia
The Education Project Asia www.shambles.net
Support for ICT across the Curriculum (consultancy)
'It's out there somewhere, the trick is finding it'
International Schools Island in Second Life
Indexing S.L. for Educators in S.L. itself
SLURL http://tinyurl.com/2o44dw

Re: Sports in Second Life

David van Gent
Nice overview, however people outside of the US, would like to see soccer (football) on the list. There is an Italian league going on.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Telecom%20Italia%202/148/62/25

You can attend the games live inworld, and it is broadcast too.
http://slcn.tv/programs/tim-cup-soccer

Regards,

David
Davidovic Dean
IBM Learning

[...]

AJ Kelton
Director of Emerging Instructional Technology
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Montclair State University
1 Normal Ave, Montclair, NJ 07043

----------
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope" - Barack Obama

http://www.sorry-afk.com
Second Life:
Main Grid: AJ Brooks for Education
Wealthy Mizser for all other projects
Teen Grid: Reyvyn Randt (Ramapo)

Twitter: sorry_afk
http://sorry-afk.blogspot.com/
Skype: sorry.afk
AIM: sorryafk
Facebook: AJ Kelton
Plurk: sorry_afk

Are you LinkedIn? http://www.linkedin.com/

Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - Bill Shankly.

RE: Sports in Second Life

Nancy Howe
Volleyball..lots of places for volleyball....

Velma Korobase

phone:315-446-5446
fax: 315-446-5590

RE: Sports in Second Life

Marrapodi, Elisabeth
As a martial artist myself, I'd like to see that added as well.

Elisabeth Marrapodi
Director, Library Services
Trinitas Hospital
225 Williamson St.
Elizabeth NJ 07207
voice 908-994-5488
fax 908-994-5099

 "...there is nothing better for people than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. " Ecc 3:22 TNIV

[...]

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

"Privileged and Confidential: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message"

Re: Sports in Second Life

Esme Qunhua
Hey Shambles,
I have lms to locations for the following:
skydiving
Iceskating
jetskiing
Hanggliding

I will try to remember to drop them your way next time inworld.  Great idea.  Let's talk about other groups of landmarks sometime.
Esme

--
Esme Qunhua, sl
Jane Wilde, rl