The Dark Side! JVWR Call for Papers & Editors

The Dark Side! JVWR Call for Papers & Editors

The Journal for Virtual Worlds Research

DARK SIDE
Evil within Virtual Worlds

Call for Papers and Editors

Evil – the intentions, motivations, forces or actions with malevolence, immorality, badness, wrongness, or harmfulness which are inflicted against humanity. How do evil and darkness manifest themselves in virtual worlds? This is the topic of this special issue.

The Dark Side issue is for papers highlighting the interesting topic of how, why, and in what ways Augmented and Virtual Worlds are associated with so-called evil or wickedness or with dark intentions.

Authors and researchers keen on this subject are invited to submit directly to the ‘Dark Side’ issue and should do so by adding the words “submitted for the Dark Side” in the “Comments for Editor” on the 1st step of the submission process.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
Evil or dark behaviors
Concepts of evil, immorality, corruption, malevolence
Motives, intentions, forces
Submission instructions
Authors are invited to submit original scholarly papers of 3000-5000 words including footnotes, references, and appendices. Interested authors should submit a full paper by the deadline indicated below. All submissions should be made via the JVWR publishing system – see https://jvwr.net/for-authors/ for instructions. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published online in Volume 13, Number 1 (2020) of the Journal.

Deadlines and Timetable
November 15, 2019: Authors submit full papers
December 20, 2019: Editors final decision
January 25, 2020: Authors submit final revision
February 25, 2020: Camera-ready
March 2020: Publication
www.jvwr.net
Editors
The journal (#theJVWR) is also looking for 1-3 co-editors (you can join as a group) to lead the Dark Side issue (2020) due for publication in 2020 Q1.

The issue editors role includes assigning reviews, supporting the publication process, and communication throughout.

If you have an interest and background in this area please send your CV and supporting documents to [hidden email].

Based on 10-15 submissions you will:
  • Review and decide on full papers.
  • Coordinate with reviewers.
  • Use our publication system and tools— extensively (be also versed with Google docs, Skype, Zoom, and other current tools.)
  • Be a deadline-targeted & an organized person.
  • Get academic credit as an editor.

Click for more details

More from JVWR
Our community has responded nicely to our recent call for reviewers. New people have arrived but also veteran subscribers and authors have asked to join our reviewers' community.

Check our call here - it is still relevant.

If you have the time and the drive to influence - join in!

Join our mailing list for updates and news by becoming a subscriber.
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2019 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.