Quantcast

VWER - change of time, change of place! 8pm this Thursday on VSTE

VWER - change of time, change of place! 8pm this Thursday on VSTE

Sheila Webber
From this week the weekly Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable (VWER)
discussion will start at 12 noon Second Life time (3pm US Eastern
time; 8pm UK time) - i.e. half an hour later than before.

We have also moved to a new home - with thanks to VSTE.

This week's one hour session will include a short discussion, followed
by a tour of the VSTE island led by Beth Ghostraven

Time: Thursday 29 September at 12 noon Second Life time (3pm US
Eastern time; 8pm UK time). Duration one hour, talking in text chat.

Place: Second Life http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/VSTE%20Island/27/27/22

Topic: (1) What professional associations have you found helpful in
virtual worlds? and - (2) a tour of VSTE island which is the new home
for VWER. We will discuss the first topic for about 20 minutes and
then be taken on a tour of the island.

Moderator of discussion: Sheila Webber - SL: Sheila Yoshikawa. Tour
Guide: Beth O'Connell - SL: Beth Ghostraven
Pictures of the new VWER home at https://www.flickr.com/groups/vwer/

The Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable can be also be found on
http://www.vwer.org/ LinkedIn, Flickr, and Koinup. We are also on
Twitter as @VWER.
Sheila Webber, Senior Lecturer & Director of the Centre for Information
Literacy Research, Information School, The University of Sheffield, 211
Portobello Street, Sheffield, S1 4DP. UK
[hidden email]
Phone: +44 114 222 2641
Second Life & Twitter: Sheila Yoshikawa
The Information Literacy Weblog http://information-literacy.blogspot.com/