Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education conference open this week (15-17 March)

Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education conference open this week (15-17 March)

Lorraine Mockford-2
Greetings!

Since 2007, the educational communities using digital spaces for learning have come together to share what we have learned about using games and simulations in the classroom. For many, the Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education has been the vanguard leading the charge on understanding how culture, technology and pedagogy merge to provide a more enriching experience for both teachers and students.

Over the last 12 years we have gone beyond the stage, establishing connections at the crossroads of being here and being epic. We have looked behind us at the legacy we have left behind and the horizons of new possibilities.

This week, we open the 11th Annual Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference on March 15th. VWBPE is one of the most successful virtual conferences in the world providing the Gold Standard by which all other conferences are judged in their scope, reach, influence, and accessibility.

This year, we consider how the virtual revolution and the VR evolution are shaping the way we learn and interact. We welcome Mark Childs and Bryan Alexander as our keynotes leading the way before a packed conference schedule including immersive experiences and experts in digital literacy, identity, makerspaces, big data, STEAM, underwater quests, and more.

Join us this Thursday 15 March at 8am PDT at the VWBPE Regions in Second Life or watch our live streams on YouTube as we kick off what will be one of our most successful years yet.

LV
Lorraine Mockford / LorVonne Lustre
VWBPE 18 Outreach Chair